Tomato, Spinach and Pepita Side Dish
When random weekend leftovers blend into a beautiful side dish.
TimePrep Time: 0:05 | Cook Time: 0:20 | Total Time: 0:25
- 2 cups brown rice noodles Can sub in any noodle or grain
- 1.5 cup fresh spinach about a handful and coarse chopped
- 1/3 cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tablespoon Chipotle Lime Avocado Oil Mayonnaise I use Primal Kitchen brand
- 1.5 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
Prepare noodles or rice as directed on package
While the noodles or rice is cooking. In a small skillet over medium heat add the pepitas. Toss frequently to prevent burning. These will get an oily appearance on them. This is fine. Once they are golden to brown. Remove from heat and place pepitas on paper towel or dry towel to cool. This will take 5-8 minutes depending on dryness of pepitas and stove temperature.
Once noodles/rice is done, add in all other ingredients and mix well. Continue to heat over a low to medium temperature until spinach begins to wilt. Take off heat and serve.
***This also works well with quinoa as a noodle substitute.
***This is also good to add in about a 1/2 cup of diced canned tomatoes for the tomato lovers!