Jalapeno Popper Casserole
TimePrep Time: 0:10 | Cook Time: 0:30 | Total Time: 0:40
- 2 slices bacon cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 head cauliflower coarse chopped
- 2 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4-5 whole jalapenos sliced thin, seeded or whole
- 1 whole white or yellow onion diced
- 1 pound ground meat beef, turkey or pork
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or granulated
- 1 teaspoon Primal Palate Steak Seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Kite Hill brand almond milk cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 2 whole green onions thin sliced, green and white portion
Pre-heat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit. Cut bacon into 1-2 inch pieces and fry. Cook until crispy. Set aside bacon. Add 1 teaspoon olive oil. Cook cauliflower until browned and softened. Add peppers and onion and saute until soft.
Fry hamburger in a skillet over medium heat with garlic and onion powder.
In a small bowl combine coconut milk, cream cheese, mayo, garlic cloves, and steak seasoning.
Mix all ingredients into casserole dish. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Cook for 25-30 minutes. When you can smell the casserole it is ready to take out of the oven. Before serving sprinkle sliced green onion on top.
***I used Paleo approved mayonnaise for this recipe.
***You can interchange the cream cheeses from almond milk with dairy.