Chicken, Avocado, Egg and Sweet Potato Salad
This is a true mash up for a salad. When you have a loved one that requires a special diet of soft food, necessity comes into play. I needed a protein packed meal that was mayonnaise based for ease of swallowing and was in the clean eating diet style. My dad eats clean and during his stay in the hospital this wasn’t always possible. So, being the creative brain I came up with this recipe that fit into the Dysphagia III diet/food consistency guidelines. the challenge was making my dad’s favorite chicken salad and modifying it to his needs.
This may not sound like to goes together. Don't dismiss this until you try it.
TimePrep Time: 0:00 | Cook Time: 0:00 | Total Time: 0:20
- 1 whole sweet potato finely diced
- 2 whole hard-boiled eggs
- 4 pieces precooked chicken I used 4 legs for this recipe
- 2 whole green onions sliced
- 1 tablespoon Trader Joe’s aioli garlic mustard sauce
- 2-3 teaspoons paleo approved or homemade mayo
- 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 slice lime juice You don’t want a strong lime taste to this because it just tates funny but you need to help reduce browning of the avocado
- 1 whole avocado diced
Saute, in a medium skillet, sweet potato in oil until golden. Set aside to cool.
Boil eggs in a small pot of water for 10-15 minutes and let cool, then peel and chop
Cut avocado and combine with juice of ¼ lime. Set aside for a few minutes for lime juice to soak into avocado.
Combine the mayonnaise, aioli, green onions, and rice vinegar in a small dish.
Once all ingredients are prepped combine everything in a medium to large bowl, stirring well.
Salt and pepper as desired then chill for 30 minutes before serving.
It will last 2 days in the refrigerator before the avocado does its browning thing.